Student Affairs is comprised of the Office of Admissions and the Office of Student Life and Alumni Affairs and serves the School of Allied Health Professions as the primary contacts for prospective, incoming, and current Allied Health students and alumni.
- Aid each department in recruiting qualified students committed to professional education.
- Assist students in the successful admission, progression, and graduation from the School.
- Provide orientation and on-going assistance regarding procurement of financial aid, medical, and academic/counseling services.
- Assist students in being well-informed as to their rights and School regulations.
- Assist in maintaining a Student Government Association which embodies equal representation from each and every program.
- Aid students in the planning and implementation of activities which provide educational and/or social interaction.
- Serve as a liaison among our administration, faculty, staff, and the student body.
- Develop community awareness and appreciation of the allied health professions.
- Connect with alumni to strengthen connections and encourage involvement with the School.
Founded in 1985, the LSU Health Shreveport School of Allied Health Professions Student Government Association is composed of two student representatives from each of the seven academic programs. The SGA acts as a liaison between the student body and faculty and hosts various campus events.
The LSU Health Shreveport School of Allied Health Professions hosts a variety of social, educational, and service-oriented campus programs throughout the year, including but not limited to: Family Day, Campus Beautification Day, and an annual Crawfish Boil.