Thank you for your interest in LSU Health Shreveport. We offer residencies in both Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology-Integrated (IR/DR). Our programs offer a combination of resident-oriented clinical training with supporting didactic teachings. We are committed to providing every resident educational and practical experience in all aspects of radiology during which the resident receives a balanced series of rotations through all sub-specialties. We also offer the Early Specialization in Interventional Radiology (ESIR) program for Diagnostic Radiology residents interested in pursuing interventional radiology.
The mission of our Residency Programs is to produce highly competent and well-rounded diagnostic and interventional radiologists prepared to enter careers in private practice or academic radiology and to serve a diverse population both in our region and throughout the country. We strive to accomplish this, as well as support the overall mission of the institution to “Heal.Teach.Discover” by offering a combination of resident-oriented clinical training with supporting didactic teachings and providing opportunities for scholarly activity, quality improvement, and for teaching future generations of physicians. We strive to instill in our residents a lifelong commitment to excellence in diagnostic imaging and image-guide interventions, quality patient care, and cooperation in all clinical activities to advance the well-being of our region and beyond.
- Providing educational and practical experience in all aspects of diagnostic and interventional radiology during which the resident receives a balanced series of rotations through all sub-specialties.
- Creating a learning environment that allows residents increasing levels of responsibility with appropriate supervision that ultimately leads to autonomous practice.
- Exposing our residents to wide variety of patient populations and pathologies at both our primary training site and local VA hospital to prepare them for serving patients both in our region and beyond.
- Cultivating opportunities and providing mentorship for all types of scholarly activity and to encourage lifelong learning.
- Integrating residents into the teaching and mentorship of future radiologists, as well as other physicians.
- Fostering the development of accurate, timely, and compassionate communication skills with both patients and providers.
We currently offer three categorical positions per year in Diagnostic Radiology and one categorical position per year in IR/DR.
Residents matching with us will spend their first year in Internal Medicine here at LSU Health Shreveport.
Alberto Simoncini, MD
Chaitanya Ahuja, MD