The Psychiatry Residency is a 4 year ACGME accredited program. The program Faculty consists of Board Certified Psychiatrists with several years of experience who have a variety of sub-specialty training. Our residents are exposed to a wide array of patients across multiple training sites. The clinical experience and educational activities foster well-rounded psychiatrists who are prepared to enter private practice or sub-specialty training. We are accredited for 32 total positions, and typically accept 8 interns per year in the NRMP Match.
- In addition to our Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, we house a 17 bed Psychiatric Crisis Unit (PCU) that is a specialized division of the institution's Level 1 Trauma Center. The PCU provides acute psychiatric care to a diverse patient population.
- Rotation in Forensic Psychiatry available as a PGY II and/or PGY IV includes: Observing sanity commissions, treating the mentally ill who are incarcerated, and treating patients with developmental disabilities.
- Experience in commitment hearings including performing expert testimony in court.
- Elective experiences include: Neuroradiology, ECT, and Sleep Medicine
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship
The Psychiatry Residency Program participates exclusively with the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). International Medical Graduates must be ECFMG eligible to be selected for an interview, and must become ECFMG certified at the time of appointment. The program sponsors J-1 Visas only. For more information about the application process, check the FAQs below or click here.
- When is the application deadline?
- How many letters of recommendation are required?
- Do you accept COMLEX?
- What are your cut-off scores for USMLE or COMLEX?
- Do you accept International Medical Graduates?
- Do you sponsor Visas?
- Do you have a graduation cut-off date?
- Do you have openings for PGY 2-4?
- Do you offer observerships or externships?