The LSU Health Shreveport Pediatric Residency Training Program accepts applications only via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
1. Applicants for the PGY-1 level are selected through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
2. NO PRE-MATCH POSITIONS ARE OFFERED.
3. There are 8 PGY-1 Positions available for 2019-2020.
4. International medical graduates (IMGs) must register for ERAS by contacting the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
5. LSU Health Shreveport sponsors J-1 visas ONLY.
6. There is no minimum USMLE or COMLEX score necessary for application.
♦The Pediatric Residency Training Program at LSU Health Shreveport requires that applicants pass USMLE Step 2 (Clinical Skills) on the FIRST attempt.
♦The Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners limits the number of attempts for Step 2 (Clinical Knowledge) and Step 3 at four attempts each.
7. There are no medical school graduation date requirements.
8. There are no U.S. Clinical experience requirements.
9. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2019.
Please Note: Our institution does not allow externships or observerships for international medical graduates
Coming for an Interview or Visit to our Campus?
Interviewees who are from out of town and need hotel accommodations will be reimbursed for ONE night's stay at Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center. You will receive information regarding the process when you are contacted for your interview. Should you require shuttle service from the airport, please call the Sleep Inn to make arrangements after you have your flight information. Sleep Inn also provides complimentary shuttle service to LSU Health Shreveport, leaving at 7:30am each morning.
Directions, Maps & Parking
The link below contains driving directions, maps of the LSU Health Shreveport campus and parking information. If you have any questions about directions, maps or parking, contact us.
CLICK HERE for directions, map, or parking information.