Applicants to the LSU Health Shreveport Internal Medicine Residency Program must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We only accept application materials through ERAS.
Applications must include the following in order:
- Application form
- Three or more letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- Medical school transcript
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) transcript-Step I & II (If available) or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Exam (COMLEX) transcript
- Please note, we now require applicants to have passed both the clinical knowledge and clinical skills sections of Step 2 by February 15th in order to be ranked by our program.
Invitations for personal interviews are issued only after the applicant’s file is completed and reviewed by members of the Internship Selection Committee. If your application is selected by the committee, you will be contacted via ERAS for an interview. If there are specific programs about which you are interested in or would like to learn more, please let us know and we will do everything possible to accommodate your requests. Our application deadline is December 1st.
If you have any questions regarding the program or the application process, please contact our Program Coordinator, Kellie Jones-Van Domelen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Medical Graduates: International Medical Graduates must be Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification at the beginning of internship and a completed ERAS file. LSU Health Shreveport only sponsors J-1 visa. Candidates should have prior US clinical experience.
The program does not discriminate based on gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, veterans’ status or sexual orientation.
All PGY-1 positions are offered through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Our Program NRMP listing are listed below:
- Louisiana State University (Shreveport) Three-Year Internal Medicine Categorical Program Listing: NRMP #1232140C0
- Louisiana State University (Shreveport) One-Year Internal Medicine Preliminary Program Listing: NRMP #1232140P0
Our interview day is designed to give applicants the opportunity to learn more about our residency program and provide insight into what it is like to be an Internal Medicine Resident at LSU Health Shreveport.
The day starts off with a light breakfast followed Morning Report, which is house offer led with by the chief residents moderating the lectures and offering constructive feedback. Our Program Director gives a brief overview of our program after morning report.
Each applicant will have three interviews; this includes an interview with our Program Director. The other two interviews will be with a member of our Residency Leadership Team (Assistant/Associate Program Directors or 4th Year Chief Resident) and a member of our Core Faculty. During this time, we encourage the applicants to ask questions that they have regarding the training program, institution, and the Shreveport Area.
All applicants will take a resident led tour of the LSU Health Shreveport Medical School and Ochsner LSU Hospital/Medicine Clinic. The applicants will also have a chance to meet the current Interns and Residents at the pre-interview dinner and interview lunch. There will also be residents stopping by during the day to meet the applicants.