Research is major component of the LSUHSC Gastroenterology and Hepatology training program. We provide fellows extensive research opportunities and mentoring. The faculty members guide the fellow’s overall research program and work directly with them on research projects. Three to four months of protected research time will be available during the training to all the fellows. During this, fellows will have little direct patient care responsibility. They will be expected to involve themselves in a clinical or basic science research project. Fellows are expected to submit and present abstracts to national meetings, as well as publish papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- We participate in the ERAS Uniform Acceptance Data Program. Your ERAS application should be directed to our program.
- We are not currently participating in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Medical Specialties Matching Program (MSMP) for Gastroenterology Fellowships.
- We do accept J-1 Visas only
- Please feel free to call the fellowship coordinator at (318) 675-5915 for any questions concerning the application.
- All applications will be reviewed.
- Candidates should be eligible for or certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Successful completion of this examination is expected prior to completion of the Fellowship.
Please note that a license to practice medicine in the State of Louisiana will be required after acceptance and that the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of Louisiana must comply with a State Law requiring that graduates of non-U.S. medical schools be academically scrutinized through regulations that apply to their schools, not specifically to them.
INTERESTED IN VISITING OUR CAMPUS?
Mrs. M'Liss Sella
Section of Gastroenterology
LSU Health Shreveport
1501 Kings Highway
P. O. Box 33932
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932
Phone: (318) 675-5915