A major emphasis of the Department is research in the areas of neuropharmacology, neuroscience, and toxicology. Visit the labs below to learn more about their research.
- Goeders Lab - Molecular mechanisms in psychostimulant addiction
- Nam Lab - Neuropharmacology of alcoholism and psychiatric disorders, Neuroproteomics
- Lu Lab - Leading edge technology in transgenic and gene vector approaches: CRISPR and optogenetics
- McMartin Lab - Toxicology, kidney function, and therapeutic interventions
- Zhao Lab - Molecular mechanisms in cancer
- Schmoutz Lab - Behavioral neuropharmacology of zebrafish models of neuropsychiatric disorders
Summer Undergraduate Pharmacology Experience in Research (SUPER)
Other research internships
LSU Health Shreveport Medical Students Research Program - For more information, please visit the Student Affairs webpage.
Faculty Sponsored Summer Research - Contact individual faculty members to determine availability.
Louisiana Biomedical Research Foundation (LBRN) - For more information, please visit the LBRN website.
Office of Diversity Affairs
In addition to our departmental undergraduate program, high school and undergraduate students also have the opportunity to explore research through various programs offered at LSU Health Shreveport. Learn more.
Student worker positions - To apply for a position, please visit the application page.
Faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and graduate students meet regularly to discuss research findings and new developments in pharmacology, toxicology and neuroscience. Seminar speakers include students and faculty from the department, invited faculty from LSU Health Shreveport departments and scientific experts from outside the institution.
Click here for a copy of the full Spring 2019 Seminar Schedule
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology & Neuroscience
LSU Health Shreveport
1501 Kings Highway
P.O. Box 33932
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932
Phone: (318) 675-7850
Fax: (318) 675-7857
For information about our graduate program or summer internship programs, please contact:
Important Research Links
- Office of Research
- School of Graduate Studies
- Research Core Facility
- Feist-Weiller Cancer Center
- Center for Brain Health
- Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences
- American Society for Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics
- Society of Toxicology
- Society for Neuroscience
- American Association for Cancer Research
- The College on Problems of Drug Dependence
- American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- American Academy of Clinical Toxicology