Track #1: Traditional, Face-to-Face (2 start dates/year):
- June 30 for application to the fall semester (August start date)
- November 30 for application to the spring semester (January start date)
Track #2: Accelerated, 100% Online (6 start dates/year):
|October 14, 2019||October 28, 2019|
|December 16, 2019||January 13, 2020|
|February 24, 2020||March 9, 2020|
|Summer 1C||April 27, 2020||May 11, 2020|
|Summer 1D||June 22, 2020||July 6, 2020|
*Deadline for complete applications: all transcripts, letters of recommendations, and online interview received.
1. Complete LSU Shreveport application and indicate your delivery track (face-to-face OR 100% online).
Students initially apply to LSU Shreveport for admission to the program, but will attend classes at both LSU Shreveport and LSU Health Shreveport campuses.
2. Pay the $20 Application Fee ($30 for International Students).
Payable by credit card on MyLSUS OR by check or money order sent to LSUS Accounting Services. Please be sure to include the student's name and social security number.
3. Submit official transcripts from all college-level institutions ever attended to:
LSUS Office of Admissions and Records
One University Place, AD-168
Shreveport, Louisiana 71115
Or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org via secure means, i.e., eSCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, etc.
1. Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university by the first day of class in the MPH Program.
2. Applicants who do not possess a previously-earned graduate degree must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA (on a 4.0 scale) OR a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 hours attempted in the undergraduate degree program. In addition, a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted, with no grades of D or F.
3. Applicants who do possess a graduate degree previously earned from a university accredited by the proper regional association and a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) on all graduate work attempted are eligible for unconditional admission to graduate study without regard to the undergraduate GPA.
4. Three letters of recommendation submitted to the Program Director.
5. Applicants are required to complete an online asynchronous interview.
6. The MPH welcomes applications from international students. An international student is any student who is not an American citizen, does not have a permanent resident card, or will require a visa to study in the United States. For more information on the additional international admission requirements, click here.