Feist-Weiller Cancer Center
Located at LSU Health Shreveport, Main Campus
BUILDING ADDRESS: 1405 Kings Highway, Shreveport, LA 71103 (use for GPS)
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Kings Highway, Shreveport, LA 71103
(318) 626-1000 phone
- What do I need to know before my appointment?
- How do I make an appointment? Do I need a referral?
- What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?
- I work at a physician’s office and need to refer a patient.
- I need to re-schedule an appointment.
- I am a patient and I have a question.
- What if I am admitted to the hospital?
- How do I get a second opinion?
- How do I get my prescriptions refilled?
- Is there a charge for a copy of my records?
- How do I get a copy of my medical records?
- What if my doctor needs a copy of my records?
- Can I get a copy of my X-Rays?
- Is there a charge for a copy of my X-Rays?
- Can I participate in a Clinical Trial?
- You must be registered for each clinic visit or before having a test.
- Please allow for time to park; parking is available at identified parking lots. Valet Parking is available. Register your car at the kiosk inside or at the main entrance. You will need to know your license plate number.
- Clinic registration is done by appointment time. To decrease your overall waiting time, we recommend that you do not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Please leave your valuables at home.
New patients must first be diagnosed with cancer either at LSU Health Shreveport or another facility. Ask the physician for a REFERRAL that can be faxed to (318) 813-1255. The fax should include relevant clinic notes, diagnostics, pathology reports, prior treatment records and appropriate contact information. The Clinic Nurse Coordinator will be in contact with you to schedule an appointment and answer any of your questions.
- Picture ID
- All Insurance Information
- Required Referral letter from you Primary Care Physician (community care referral)
- Any required co-payments/deposits (Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center accepts Visa and MasterCard)
- Current proof of income for patients requesting free care classification
- Your medications -- prescription bottles and over the counter medication
Pediatric Oncology, 1st floor:
If you are a patient in the St. Jude Affiliate Clinic in Shreveport and need a prescription refill call (318) 626-0811. This number will be answered during regular work hours and has a voice mail after hours. Be sure to leave your name, the medication needed, date of birth, pharmacy name and phone number along with a phone number where you can be reached. Please allow time for the staff to handle this request.
Adult Hematology/Oncology, 2nd floor:
If you are a medical oncology patient seen on the second floor at Feist-Weiller Cancer Center and need a prescription refill, you can call (318) 626-0767 -- 24 hours a day. Leave a message with your name, the medication needed, your date of birth, your pharmacy name and phone number, along with a phone number where you can be reached. Prescriptions are called in at the end of the day on business days.
Surgical Oncology/ENT, 3rd floor:
If you are seeing physicians on the third floor at Feist-Weiller Cancer Center (surgical oncology or ENT) follow the directions your physician has given you to get a prescription refilled.
You must schedule an appointment to receive a prescription refill. Please call (318) 813-1405 or page (318) 675-7007 and enter 2551. Leave your name, a message, and a phone number where you can be reached. The Nurse Coordinator will return your call to schedule your appointment and help answer any questions you may have.
To get a copy of your medical records, go to the Health Information Management Department on the ground floor of the main hospital across from the cafeteria. You will need to bring a driver’s license or state issued ID. You will have to fill out a form when you get there and it will cost 14¢ per page. They are open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Call (318) 626-2089 if you have questions.
- If I don’t have health insurance can I still receive treatment at Feist-Weiller Cancer Center?
- What if I am uninsured and NOT a Louisiana resident?
- Are Feist-Weiller Cancer Center doctors in network with the same insurance plans as Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center (formerly University Health)?
- What if Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center is not an in-network provider on my insurance plan?
- Is Financial Counseling available?
- How do I determine if I qualify for free care?
- Will I get a bill?
- Who do I talk to about bills for services?
- Where do I mail my bills for services?
- Who do I talk to about bills from physicians?
- Why does Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center charge for treatment?
- Do you accept Medicare and Medicaid
- Do I have to pay anything now?
- What happens if my health insurance does not pay the bill?
- What if I want to pay my bill but cannot pay the full amount right now?
- Can my credit be affected if I do not pay my bill?
Yes. We know illnesses can cause severe financial burdens. The financial counselor can answer questions about bills received for services like clinic visits, hospital stays, and chemotherapy treatments, as well as, bills from your physician. The counselor can also help you with questions about insurance, applying for Medicaid, and free care. The financial counseling service is FREE.
The Financial Counseling office in Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center is located in room K1-9 and is open from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Ask for directions at the information desk. No appointment is necessary.
For Feist-Weiller Cancer Center Clinic patients:
Financial Counseling in Feist-Weiller Cancer Center is located on the 2nd floor in the treatment area. The office is open from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call (318) 626-0239 for more information. No appointment is necessary.
Bring the following documentation to your appointment:
IF SINGLE (divorced, widowed, never married):
- Identification (valid Louisiana driver’s license or Louisiana photo ID card)
- Insurance card, Medical Cards, Medicaid Card (if Medicaid, you MUST have a referral from assigned provider)
- Proof of income. If employed, you will need to bring a check stub. If self-employed, Form 1040 plus schedule C, D, E, & F. If no income, you will need to have a provider statement--please call the Financial Counselor at (318) 626-0239 if you have questions about these forms.
IF MARRIED OR SEPARATED:
- You must bring all of the items listed above for yourself AND your spouse. As long as you are legally married, spouse’s information is required even if separated.
You will get a bill if you do not have health insurance. If you have health insurance and showed us a current insurance card when you checked in, we will send the bill to your insurance company for you. If your health insurance does not pay the bill in full, you may get a bill for the amount left over.
The Clinic and Hospital Billing office for Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center is located at 1512 W. Kirby Place. Questions concerning bills for clinic and hospital services, including chemo billing, may be directed to (318) 654-6760. Questions about free care applications may be directed to (318) 626-1422.
The Patient Accounts Cashier window is located on the first floor of Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center. Ask for directions at the information desk.
Physician billing questions may be directed to (318) 654-6760. You may mail this payment to the address listed on the bill or you may pay in person at The Patient Accounts Cashier window located on the first floor of Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center. Ask for directions at the information desk.
Yes. We will send the bill to Medicare if you have a current Medicare card. You may have to pay your Medicare deductible or co-payment. We will send the bill to Medicaid if you have a current Medicaid card. If you have a Medicaid Community Care card, you must bring a referral from your doctor to your appointment.
Your health insurance company may require you to pay a small fee now called a co-payment. If your illness is not covered by your health insurance policy, you may be asked to pay for your treatment in advance. If you do not have health insurance and you are not a Louisiana resident, you must pay a minimum $250.00 non-Louisiana Resident fee at each clinic visit.
Yes. Medical bills are just like other bills you must pay. If you do not pay your bill, your account may be sent to a collection agency. Your credit report may also show that you did not pay the bill. If you believe you may qualify for free care, please contact Financial Counseling to receive a Free Care Application.
Financial Counseling for Inpatients:
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F
Room K1-9 located on the 1st Floor of the main hospital.
No appointment is necessary.
Financial Counseling for Feist-Weiller Cancer Center Clinic patients:
Feist-Weiller Cancer Center
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F
(318) 626-0239 phone
Room B-214 located on the 2nd floor of Feist-Weiller Cancer Center
No appointment is necessary.