Title IX Reporting
Any student or employee who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination, harassment or sexual misconduct or any other violation of this policy has a right to report the conduct to the Campus Title IX Coordinator or to any other responsible party. Click on a button below for reporting information based on your classification with the University.
- This policy shall apply to conduct that occurs on the LSU Health Shreveport campus, at LSU Health Shreveport sponsored activities, and/or when the Student or Employee is representing LSU Health Shreveport. LSU Health Shreveport shall have discretion to extend jurisdiction over conduct that occurs off campus when the conduct adversely and significantly affects the learning environment or LSU Health Shreveport community and would be a violation of this policy and/or any applicable campus policy or code of conduct, if the conduct had occurred on campus. In determining whether or not to extend jurisdiction, LSU Health Shreveport may consider, among other factors, its ability to gather information and effect a resolution. LSU Health Shreveport may extend jurisdiction (over off-campus conduct) if the alleged conduct by the student or employee:
A. Involved violence or produced a reasonable fear of physical harm; and/or
B. Involved any other members of the LSU Health Shreveport community or any academic work, records, documents, or property of LSU Health Shreveport.
- Each Student shall be responsible for his/her conduct from the time of acceptance for admission through the awarding of a degree.
- Employees are responsible for their conduct during work hours, on campus, at LSU Health Shreveport-sponsored activities, and/or when the employee is representing LSU Health Shreveport, or when their conduct would adversely affect LSU Health Shreveport's image, regardless of whether such conduct occurs on-campus or off-campus.
- This policy also applies to any person who is both a student and an employee at LSU Health Shreveport, arising out of, or in connection with, conduct in either or both of those capacities. Any violation of this policy may subject such person to disciplinary action, as applicable, in either or both of those capacities.
Retaliation against a person who has been subjected to sexual discrimination or sexual misconduct, or against one, who in good faith brings a complaint of sexual discrimination or sexual misconduct or who, in good faith, participates in the investigation of a sexual discrimination or sexual misconduct complaint, is prohibited and shall be a violation of this policy and shall constitute misconduct subject to disciplinary or other action, as described above.
- Report an Employee or Campus Visitor
- Report a Student
- Report Criminal Sexual Misconduct
- File a Criminal Charge or Report Abuse or Neglect of a Child (under 18)