to the Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology & Neuroscience!
A major emphasis of the Department is in the areas
of neuropharmacology, neuroscience, and toxicology, with research in:
- drug and alcohol addiction research
- neurotransmitter regulation & plasticity in addiction, aging, and neurodegenerative disease in vivo
- oxidative mechanisms of toxicity
- molecular regulation of toxicity and apoptosis
- gene therapy
- carcinogenesis and cancer chemoprevention
- neurobiology of locomotor function in aging
- molecular cascades in neurodegenerative disease models
In The Spotlight...
Click here to read an interview in the Inquisitor with Dr. Nicholas Goeders about how his research is helping with Meth Arrests.
Jennifer Arnold was interviewed by NPR at the Society for Neuroscience Meeting about her work with Forced Exercise. Click here to read the article.
Congratulations to the following students for their awards at the South Central Chapter of the Society of Toxicology Meeting held in Baton Rouge, LA.
Regulatory Science Awards: Greg Landry, Ph.D. & Corie Robinson
Outstanding Platform Presentation: Michelle Carroll Turpin
Outstanding Poster Presentation: 2nd Place Kasey Jackson, 3rd Place Corie Robinson
Find out more about summer research opportunities for undergraduates!
Graduate Program Information
Deadline for Fall 2014 admission
is February 3, 2014
For more information contact:
Dr. Michael Salvatore