to the Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology & Neuroscience!
A major emphasis of the Department is in the areas
of neuropharmacology, neuroscience, and toxicology, with research in:
- drug and alcohol addiction research
- neurotransmitter regulation & plasticity in addiction, aging, and neurodegenerative disease in vivo
- oxidative mechanisms of toxicity
- molecular regulation of toxicity and apoptosis
- gene therapy
- carcinogenesis and cancer chemoprevention
- neurobiology of locomotor function in aging
- molecular cascades in neurodegenerative disease models
In The Spotlight...
Welcome to our newest faculty member Hyung W. Nam, Ph.D., Assistant Professor. Dr. Nam joins us from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
CONGRATULATIONS to Delira Robbins, Ph.D. (2012) on being awarded the UNCF/Merck post doctoral fellowship. Dr. Robbins was 1 of 10 recipients nationwide that were awarded.
Click here to read an interview in the Inquisitor with Dr. Nicholas Goeders about how his research is helping with Meth Arrests.
Jennifer Arnold was interviewed by NPR at the Society for Neuroscience Meeting about her work with Forced Exercise. Click here to read the article.
Find out more about summer research opportunities for undergraduates!
Graduate Program Information
Deadline for Fall 2015 admission
is February 2, 2015
For more information contact:
Dr. Michael Salvatore at firstname.lastname@example.org or Megan Johnson at email@example.com