Department of Emergency Medicine History
We are the only ACS verified Level 1 Trauma Center in the region. We also serve as a primary stroke center with thrombectomy certification and the regional burn center.
LSU Health Shreveport faculty and residents provide tertiary level care for the entire region of North Louisiana, South Arkansas, and East Texas through Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center.
- Hospital beds- 478
- ED beds- 54
- Adult visits/year- 60,000
- Pediatric visits/year- 8,000
- Major trauma activations/year- 2,400
- Admission rate- 22%
- ICU admit rate- 2.3%
Emergency Medicine patients are cared for by:
- 21 Emergency Medicine Attending Physicians
- 34 Emergency Medicine Residents
- 60 nurses
- 8 Advanced Practice Providers