St. Jude Affiliate Clinic
Located inside Feist-Weiller Cancer Center at LSU Health Shreveport, Main Campus
BUILDING ADDRESS: 1405 Kings Highway, Shreveport, LA 71103 (use for GPS)
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Kings Highway, Shreveport, LA 71103
(318) 626-0772 phone
- What is a St. Jude Affiliate Clinic?
- Is Feist-Weiller Cancer Center a St. Jude Affiliate Clinic location?
- How do I make an appointment?
- I need to re-schedule an appointment.
- Where will my child be treated?
- I am a physician and need to refer a patient.
- I have a question regarding treatment in the St. Jude clinic.
- What do I need to know before my appointment?
- What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?
- What if I am admitted to the hospital?
- How do I get a second opinion?
- How do I get my prescriptions refilled?
- Is there a charge for a copy of my records?
- How do I get a copy of my records?
- Can I get a copy of my X-Rays?
- Is there a charge for a copy of my X-Rays?
- Can I participate in a Clinical Trial?
The St. Jude Affiliate Program makes treatments developed as clinical trials at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital available to more children by offering much of the care close to home. The St. Jude Affiliate Program is a network of pediatric hematology-oncology clinics, hospitals, and in some cases, universities united to extend the mission of St. Jude. The physicians and staff at these sites work in collaboration with the staff of St. Jude to deliver state-of-the-art care and innovative clinical trials to children with cancer and blood disorders.
- You must be registered for each clinic visit or before having a test.
- Please allow for time to park; parking is available at identified parking lots.
- Clinic registration is done by appointment time. To decrease your overall waiting time, we recommend that you do not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Please leave your valuables at home.
- Picture ID
- All Insurance Information
- Required Referral letter from you Primary Care Physician (community care referral)
- Any required co-payments/deposits (Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center accepts Visa and MasterCard)
- Current proof of income for patients requesting free care classification
- Your medications -- prescription bottles and over the counter medications
If you are a patient in the St. Jude Affiliate Clinic in Shreveport and need a prescription refill, call (318) 626-0811. This voicemail will be checked at the end of each business day. Be sure to leave your name, the medication needed, date of birth, pharmacy name and phone number along with a phone number where you can be reached. Please allow 24 hours for the staff to handle this request.
Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment. While St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does accept insurance, many services provided by St. Jude have never been covered by insurance, and will not be in the future. The same is true for all treatment received at the St. Jude Affiliate Clinic located in Feist-Weiller Cancer Center.
Children treated in the St. Jude Affiliate Clinic will not be billed a co-pay. Children who are covered by insurance will have their insurance billed first. The remaining balance will be forwarded to St. Jude Research Hospital.
If you have questions regarding billing, please call the Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center billing office at (318) 654-6760.