How You Can Help the Cancer Center
Donors make a significant contribution to cancer research, world class cancer treatment and cancer prevention programs that improve the quality of life Feist-Weiller Cancer Center patients. Donate t a named fund or learn how to make a tax-saving gift through your will, trust or other estate plans. Donations are tax deductible to the extent the law allows.
To learn more about helping the cancer center, please contact Anne Higdon, Director of Development, by phone at 318.813.1423 or via email at email@example.com.
To make a donation online, please click here. In the "Designation" section, please choose Feist-Weiller Cancer Center.
Our Community Efforts include:
- Faculty mentors forSMART, SUPER, BioStart Programs
- Science education tours for community organizations
- Judge and award cash prizes for Caddo Parish School System Feist-Weiller Anti-Tobacco Poster Contest
- Cancer Speakers Program for community groups
- Tee shirt competition for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. LSUHSC-S/FWCC traditionally fields the largest team!
- Annual health fair that targets minority men through the Louisiana Cancer Control Partnership
- Cancer Action Network
- Free sunscreen products to prevent skin cancer
- Student art chosen at ArtBreak and framed for cancer patient hospital rooms through Community Art program
- Tobacco Cessation classes
- Great Pumpkin Run for Research
- October Breast Health Luncheon
- Spring Cancer Awareness Community Education Luncheon
- Patient Support Groups
Quality of Life Initiatives
- Mellanea and Max Rosenbloom Memorial Fund provides pain medication to help financially qualified patients get necessary medications
- Ann Hanna Transportation Fund provides help to financially qualified patients who frequently travel long distances to receive treatment at Feist-Weiller Cancer Center
- The Glen-Zadeck Canine Program
- American Cancer Society Partnerships: Look Good...Feel Better, Reach to Recovery, Lodging,
- Welcome packets with visitor's guides for new patients who do not reside in the immediate area
- Tender Loving Care backpacks help healthy children of cancer patients deal with stress. TLC backpacks contain age appropriate items such as a teddy bear, stress ball, diary, etc.
- Ongoing support groups
- Arts in Medicine Program
The Glen-Zadeck Canine Program
The Glen-Zadeck Canine Program is a therapy dog program providing appropriate animal companionship. Dogs from the Glen Retirement System visit Feist-Weiller Cancer outpatient clinics on a monthly basis.
Other Special Community Projects include:
Screening Outreach Programs
- Hereditary Cancer Risk Assessment Program (HCRAP)
- Partners in Wellness
- FREE oral, head and neck cancer screenings in the spring
- FREE prostate cancer screenings in September
- Men's Health Day and Screening
- Community Advisory Board at Feist-Weiller Cancer Center serves as a voice to the community at large
- Volunteer programs where patients are served hot chocolate, ice cream, and coffee
- Volunteer action committee provides knitted caps, quilts, and Christmas visits for cancer patients
Cancer Speakers Program
Invite Feist-Weiller Cancer Center professionals to speak at your health event. Feist-Weiller Cancer Center professionals are happy to share their research and trends in the early detection of cancer, as well as the treatment and prevention of different types of cancers.
Available topics include:
- Breathe Healthy
- Breast Health
- Prevention Through Nutrition
- Get Screened!
Call 318.813.1423 to consult with a presentation coordinator.