Clinical Research is impossible without the selfless participation of patients. Research participants should have the resources to help them decide if participating in a research study is right for them.
Please download the Participant Brochure HRP-104 to find more information on becoming a volunteer.
What Do You Need Before Being in a Research Study?
LSUHSC-S is committed to protecting the rights and welfare of the people who volunteer for research. We want to provide our participants with all the basic information about research to help you make informed choices.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Research
- Your Responsibilities and Rights as a Research Participant
- Who to Contact if You Have a Complaint, Concern or Question
Federal Regulations for the Protection of Research Subjects
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has a role in protecting human subjects. More information can be on the FDA's website.
- You may also search for registered clinical trials at ClinicalTrials.gov which provides information about the trial's purpose and participation.
In addition, the Office for Human Research Protections has information about research participation. You can download the brochure Becoming a Research Volunteer: It's Your Decision.