Minor Surgery Post-Operative
- Clean wound gently with hydrogen peroxide two (2) times a day to remove crusting. A Q-tip may be used to do so. It is important that clots and crust be removed to prevent infections and unsightly scars.
- Apply Vitamin A & D ointment to area after cleaning with hydrogen peroxide, especially around sutures.
- Notify physician of any redness, swelling, or discharge from incision site.
- Notify physician if you have fever greater than 100.4 degrees.
- Take all medications as prescribed by your physician. Remember, it is very important that you complete your entire prescription of all antibiotics when ordered.
- If you need medication refills, please have the name of your medication and number to your pharmacy available.
For concerns or problems:
Call the clinic at 318.813.2625, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
After clinic hours, weekends, and holidays, call 318.675.5000 and ask for the OMFS Resident on call.