UNDERGOING IV CONSCIOUS SEDATION PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS
- The patient must be on time for his or her appointment and must be driven by a responsible adult with a car.
- The adult driver accompanying the patient must remain in the waiting area for the entire procedure and recovery.
- The patient must not have any food or liquids after 12 midnight, the night before the appointment. Prescription medication may be taken with a sip of water unless otherwise specified.
- Operative permits must be signed by a parent or guardian for all minor patients and patients incapable of signing for themselves prior to the procedures. Proof of guardianship may be required.
- Dress comfortably. We suggest loose fitting, two piece garments and no dresses for females.
- If for any reason you can not keep the appointment, call the clinic at 318.813.2625.
NOTE: If the above instructions are not followed, treatment will be postponed until a later date.
For concerns or problems:
Call the clinic at 318.813.2625, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
After clinic hours, weekends, and holidays, call 318.675.5000 and ask for the OMFS Resident on call.