How to Apply
Melvyn S. Yeoh, DMD, MD
Residency Program Director
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial / Head & Neck Surgery
LSU Health Science Center - Shreveport
1501 Kings Highway
Room 530, Administration Building
Shreveport, Louisiana 71103
The Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery selects 3 residents per year for matriculation into the fully accredited MD-integrated 6-year training program.
|Length of Program:
|Graduate Degree Offered:
|Required Number of Evaluation Forms:
||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery faculty.
|Attributes to be Evaluated:
||Didactic and clinical performance, interpersonal skills, and a
commitment to Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Application Requirements (These requirements are prerequisites and must be included in PASS Application UNLESS specified below to be sent directly to program):
- Must have passed Part 1, National Board of Dental Examiners (NBDE).
- Must be ranked academically at or above 90th percentile of class.
- Must submit undergraduate college transcripts to the program.
- Must submit dental school transcripts to the program.
- Must submit a CV/Resume to the program.
- Must submit original Part 1, National Board of Dental Examiners (NBDE) score to the program.
- Must submit National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) Comprehensive Basic Science Examination (CBSE) score to the program.
- Must submit letters of evaluation to the program.
- Must submit a 2" x 2" photo to the program.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Permanent residents must show proof of residency.
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. or Canadian dental school.
- Must have a limited permit.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Must have foreign transcripts evaluated by the program.
- Must have foreign transcripts submitted to the program.
Matriculation Requirements (These requirements are mandatory for matriculation and must be completed prior to matriculation into program):
- Must submit an original dental school diploma to the program.
- Must have passed Parts 1 and 2, National Board of Dental Examiners (NBDE).
- Must have earned a D.M.D./D.D.S. degree, or equivalent.
- Must be eligible for state dental license.