Kevin Sittig, MD, FACS
Kevin Sittig, MD, FACS
Professor of Surgery
Director, Regional Burn Center
Senior Associate Dean and Chief Medical Officer
Gastrointestinal & Endocrine Surgery
Kevin Sittig, MD, is Professor of Surgery at LSU Health Sciences Center, Director of the Regional Burn Center and the Senior Associate Dean and Chief Medical Officer for LSUHSC-Shreveport.
Dr. Sittig completed his training at LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport before accepting the positions of Assistant Professor of Surgery and Associate Director of the Burn Center at LSU in 1989. Five years later, he was promoted to Director of the Regional Burn Center, the only burn unit in Louisiana.
In addition to providing care and comfort to his burn patients and their families, Dr. Sittig also serves a large number of general surgery patients. His dedication can be seen both inside and outside the hospital. Dr. Sittig is the President of the Percy Johnson Burn Foundation and serves as counselor and medical director of the annual camp made available free of charge to children and youth who are recovering from burn injuries.
Dr. Sittig has over 20 publications and is an active community lecturer.
- Member, Board of Directors; LSU Health Sciences Foundation
- Member - Advisory Board; Center of Excellence for Arthritis and Rheumatology Special Care Committee
- Chairman, Medical Ethics Committee, LSU Health Sciences Center
- Member, American Burn Association, American College of Surgeons, North American Burn Society, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, Surgical Association of Louisiana, Southeastern Surgical Congress, Fellow
1983 MD Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA
1984-1989 General Surgery Residency, Louisiana State University Health Sciences
Center, Shreveport, LA
1986-1987 Burn Fellowship, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center,
1989 Surgical Endoscopy, East Alabama Medical Center, Opelika, AL
- Recipient of the M. Lee Jarrell Traveling Fellowship, 1987
- Recipient, Dr. Joseph Lowenstein Outstanding Resident Award, 1989
- Selected as Outstanding Burn Surgeon - American Health Magazine, 1996
- Outstanding Paper Presentation Regional Burn Meeting, 1999 & 2002
- Nominee, AAMC Humanism in Medicine Award, 2005
- Nominee, Tanner-Vandeput-Boswick Burn Prize, 2006