LSUHSCS Regional Burn Center Facts
- The LSUHSC Regional Burn Center is the only burn facility in North and Central Louisiana
- The Burn Unit cares for both children and adults as well as high level trauma care for severely burned patients and outpatient care for minor burns.
- All burn patients regardless of the extent of injury are fast-tracked and seen by specialists in the burn center.
- The center has a 15-bed capacity, 7 ICU and 8 step-down beds, operating and recovery rooms, hydrotherapy unit, outpatient clinic and research laboratory.
- The burn center has a yearly inpatient enrollment of 200 patients.
- Pediatric admissions range from 30-35% per year.
- The outpatient clinic has over 2500 visits a year from acute burn and healed burn patients.
- Approximately 200 operations are performed on acutely burned patients a year, while elective reconstructive surgery is performed on 70-80 patients annually.
- The average length of stay is 11 days.